BIOLOGICAL ACTIVATOR THE NITROGEN CYCLE
Aquariums are enclosed environments, in which as opposed to natural environments such as the sea, lakes or rivers, there is no guarantee of continuous change of water. Inside the tank, as in nature, pollutants and toxins are produced by the metabolism of the organisms living there. These substances must be adequately equalized to avoid harming the health of fish, plants and invertebrates. The decomposition of organic nitrogen such as, the amino acids present in waste products, in the putrefacation in organic substances and left over food, constitute a constant source of ammonia through a process known as “Ammonification”. This process is set in motion by specific bacteria which, by breaking down the amino nitrogen, frees ammonia. The ammonia molecules, produced in this way in the aquarium, are highly toxic even in low concentration for the organisms living there, and therefore to be rendered harmless must undergo two further oxidation reactions by free bacteria:
– A process called nitrification in which nitrificating bacteria plays a major part which transforms ammonia in nitrites (NO2).
– A process known as nitritition in which the nitrificating bacteria oxidise the nitrites and contributes to the production of nitrates (NO3).
The complete process shown above is known as “the nitrogen cycle”.
Nitrates in concentrations up to 20 mg/lt are not toxic for the organisms in the aquarium and their concentrations can be kept under control by regularly changing the water and/or the use of the appropriate absorbent substances in the filter. A newly set up aquarium has no micro organisms (bacteria) to set the nitrogen cycle in motion: BACTERYA is a biological liquid activator composed of selected bacteria and enzymes which allows the complete nitrogen cycle.
Size : 24 Vials
– It’s fast acting thanks to the double actions of the nitrificating bacteria which completes the reaction from ammonia to nitrates;
– Thanks to the presence of anaerobic micro organisms it completes the nitrogen cycle transforming nitrates into nitrogen molecules (N2);
– It accelerates the nitrification process even with BOD5 levels above 200ml oo2/l (high levels of pollution);
– Reducing pollution stops micro organisms spreading;
– 100% efficient and easy to use thanks to the disposable vial;
– It can be handled without any particular precautions since it is not harmful.
A mixture of bacterial cultures selected by NITROSOMONAS spp., NITROBACTER spp. and BACILLUSanaerobes optional.
Set up or after care
-Fresh water: one 5ml vial of BACTERYA for every 50 lt of water.
-Salt water: two 5ml vial of BACTERYA for every 50 lt of water.
Maintenance or after water change dosage: Weekly dosage:
-Fresh water: one 5ml vial of BACTERYA for every 1000lt of water.
-Salt water: one 5ml vial of BACTERYA for every 500lt of water.
Shake vial before use, withdraw the liquid with the pipette provided. Pour the acquired quantity directly in the biological filter.
In order to survive, and to carry out their vital functions the colonies of bacterial require nutriment (carbohydrates, proteins, etc.) we therefore suggest, particularly when setting up a new aquarium, to administer BACTERYA to the fresh water aquariums after inserting the living rocks.To help them do so, you can add some drops of amino acids or a pinch of food.