Cal Aqua Labs Black Earth Premium
- Highly-advanced, highly-fertile substrate that does not leach ammonia
- Made from natural fertile soil rich in humic acids
- Water remains clear starting from the moment the aquarium is filled
- Natural granules that extend substrate lifetime
- High density multi type granules
Special characteristics of Black Earth Premium:
1) Highly fertile Black Earth Premium is formulated for maximum fertility. Made from natural fertile soil rich in humic acids, it contains a large amount of essential plant nutrients such as Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorous, and trace elements such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and manganese.
4) Maximum fertility when you need it Black Earth Premium is supplied virtually dry right out-of-the bag. Due to the lack of moisture, organic nutrients within the soil are preserved at their maximum level until use. Dried granules are also much easier and more pleasant to handle as they will not stick to your hands or fingers. 5) Creates slightly acidic water conditions Black Earth Premium is made from natural, highly-fertile earth which is rich in humic and fulvic acids. As a result, it creates slightly acidic water conditions which is optimal for keeping aquatic plants and most freshwater fish.
Instructions for use
|Tank size (LxWxH: cm)||Tank volume||Minimum substrate|
|30x15x20||9 liters/3.4 gallons||2.5 liters|
|50x28x30||38 liters/10 gallons||6 liters|
|60x30x45||80 liters/20 gallons||9 liters|
|90x45x45||180 liters/50 gallons||18 liters|
|120x45x45||240 liters/65 gallons||28 liters|
1. DO NOT wash or rinse before use. Pour Black Earth directly onto the bottom of the aquarium. The substrate layer should be at least 1-2 inches thick to allow plant roots to fully grow. 2. Place and arrange decorative rocks and driftwood 3. Carefully add water. To fill the aquarium with water, first place a large plastic bag or newspaper on the soil surface to prevent water from impacting and stirring up the substrate. Slowly add water and take care not to disturb the substrate layer. Planting can be easily done when water is slightly above the substrate level. 4. Install proper filtration equipment and allow the tank to equilibrate. Make sure the filter outflow does not point directly at the soil to avoid disturbing the substrate layer.