Pet Care International Repti-Cal
Size : 250 gms
Provide Essential Calcium & Vitamin D3 for Healthy Reptile and Amphibians.
- Repti-cal calcium supplement with D3 is a supplement that we offer to reptile and amphibians that are being kept indoors, with little or no access to natural sunlight.
- The D3 vitamin, in combination with the UVB lighting helps make up for the lack of natural sunlight and help properly process the calcium in their diets.
- This product is a ultra fine powder that should be dusted on their diets, and consumed with their foods.
- Quantity will vary depending on species, size, age and their situation (adult females producing eggs require more than adult males, for example).
- Ingredients:- Calcium carbonate 96.5% Magnesium carbonate 3.5% Vitamin D3 400000 IU/kg
The importance of calcium in reptile nutrition is of high concern. Calcium deficiency is a common problem, especially with reptiles pressured into longer-than-natural breeding seasons. This situation causes unnatural stress on females to produce more eggs, so they require more calcium. Vitamin D3 is by far the most important vitamin in reptile nutrition. In nature a reptile synthesizes Vitamin D3 via the skin’s absorption of ultraviolet rays from the sun. It is also found in the liver and kidneys of vertebrates. Most captive reptiles are kept indoors, and most, other than snakes, are not fed significant amounts of whole vertebrates. Without getting Vitamin D3 naturally in their diet, reptiles rely on their keepers to provide a source that replaces, if balanced correctly, the need for sunlight.